Please contact our bookings secretary to discuss your requirements and to hire the hall.
We do have a number of regular bookings for the hall which take priority over new bookings. These can only be replaced in special circumstances. Please view our bookings calendar to see what events are currently booked.
Our current hire rates are set at levels regarded as fair in keeping with the quality and size of the building.
Chedzoy Hall Hire Booking Conditions
Smoking is not permitted in the Hall building
- The capacity of the Hall is restricted by Fire Regulations to 120 persons or 80 seated. It shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that these limits are strictly applied.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all fire exits are kept clear and unobstructed at all times.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the Hall and all equipment is used in a proper manner, and shall pay for any damage caused.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all breakages of crockery, etc., are reported. The cost of replacements will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- If hirer wishes to sell alcohol, the hirer must be responsible for arranging their own License. Speak to the Booking Secretary for more information.
- The use of Blu-Tak, Sellotape, etc., on painted surfaces is not permitted. The cost of redecoration necessitated by the use of such materials will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- Whilst functions are taking place, the door to the storeroom shall be kept closed to prevent unauthorised access to equipment stored therein. The outer front door should be secured in an open position.
- The use of smoke machines, bubble machines or similar apparatus is not permitted.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for returning tables and chairs to the storeroom. Note that the two types of chairs must be stacked separately – not intermixed. If prior arrangements were agreed beforehand, some items may be left in the Hall. A charge will deducted from the Security Deposit for the time needed to return items to the storeroom, or restack chairs and tables not replaced as indicated.
- All rubbish, bottles, and especially food waste must be removed from the Hall at the end of the function, and the EXIT CHECKS instructions on the wall adjacent to the kitchen door followed to ensure all equipment is switched off.
- Before leaving the Hall, all doors and windows must be closed and secured. If they have been used, the external electricity and water supplies must be switched off at the isolation points inside the building. All lights must be extinguished (security lights by the three doors may remain on for a short period). During winter months, the convector heaters should be left switched on to maintain the fabric of the building.
- The Hirer is responsible for all damage and should take steps to prevent unauthorised attendance at functions, and must ensure that all persons using the Hall behave in an acceptable manner at all times.
- The Hall is checked regularly, but the Hirer must report any damage or deficiency prior to or during use.
- The Hirer must sign the Booking Application Form to indicate that these Conditions have been read and accepted.
- These Conditions must be read in conjunction with the Hall’s Health & Safety Policy, which form part of the contract of hire. The Security Deposit of £100, which may be cash, or a cheque (payable to Chedzoy Village Hall) will be held and returned/destroyed 7 days after the event if all conditions regarding the Hall use and removal of rubbish/food waste have been complied with.
In the event of any difficulties please contact one of the following Management Committee members:
01278 450 731
01278 427 406
The Hall keys should be returned to the Bookings Secretary, Rodney Young once the function is ended, or by prior arrangement, may be kept overnight only if clearing up is to take place on the morning following a function.
Please remember that people live near the Hall: Your consideration towards them would be appreciated.