CHEDZOY VILLAGE HALL - History
The Hall was built in 1914, and became the gift
of the then rector, the Rev. George Mullins
to the villagers of Chedzoy in 1937.
Its attractive styling fits well into the village scene,
and great care was taken with the building of extensions
in 2002 and 2003 to retain the design which has stood the test of time.
Never having previously been a Church Hall or financed by
public fund-raising, but being the gift of the rector,
Chedzoy Village Hall is rather unusual.
The Deed of Gift sets out that the Hall should be managed by
a number of elected members from the village,
plus representatives from organisations operating within the village
There is information about Chedzoy, its economic history, local government, and the church, to be found on the
BRITISH HISTORY ON LINE site - starting here. (Click on the links at the bottom of each page for more topics)